Effective Date: 12 October 2022
When you contact us, make an inquiry, apply for a job, or chat with us through our website at https://galenvs.com/ (“Website”), you will provide us with personal information in the process. It is our obligation to protect that personal information and communicate how we use it.
We handle your personal information in accordance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and any other applicable law. By interacting with the Website and/or using our services, you consent to how we use your personal information. Unless you refrain from interacting with us, the following are the ‘what’, ‘why’, and ‘how’ of your personal information with regards to our website.
The information we collect
We may collect personal information (and non-personal or hashed information) from you under two major categories:
The information you submit to us
You may submit certain personal information to us willingly when you fill out forms or take certain actions on our Website. This may include when you contact us, inquire about a product, or when you use the live chat feature at the bottom left of the Website. The information we may collect when you perform any of these actions may include, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, company name, and location, as well as any information contained in your resume (if you submit your resume to apply for an opening). Please, note that you are not obligated to provide us with any personal information; however, be aware that the requested personal information enables us to respond to your request, and it may be impossible to do so if you do not provide the applicable personal information (for example, we may be unable to respond to your inquiries if you do not provide your email address).
The information we collect automatically
We strive to personalize our services to you for a better user experience, and we do this through the gathering of analytics and usage information. We use certain third-party APIs – including Google Analytics and Hubspot Analytics – to gather certain analytics information automatically, including page views, IP address, geolocation, traffic source, and visitors’ duration of use. The information we gather is mostly anonymized except where the user is already identified in our database.
Why we collect your information
We collect the information above to:
- Provide you with our services and improve our products and offerings;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your requests, inquiries, and queries, as well as notifying you of administrative notices;
- Market our services based on your choices and notify you of special offers, promotions, and offers that are similar to those you have purchased or enquired about – except where you opt out;
- Pinpoint your geolocation in order to market services that are peculiar to your region;
- Analyze the growth of our services and identify ways to improve;
- Comply with our legal obligations (for example, we are required by law to keep records);
- Verify your qualification for the position you apply to (where we collect your resume); and
- Perform any other actions we communicate at the time of collection.
Who may access your information
We are responsible for your personal information. We do not share it with any third party except under the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers: We work with third parties to perform some of the functions of the Website and our services. These functions may include, without limitation, analytics gathering, cloud storage, Website hosting, and mass email sending. These third parties may access your personal information to enable them to perform their services (for example, our cloud storage provider may access personal information from their backend).
- Business transactions: We may engage in a business transfer transaction with another company and may be required to provide our customers’ list in relation to that transaction, to which we may be obligated to comply. Business transfers may include a merger, sale of assets, acquisition, consolidation, and events of bankruptcy between Galenvs Sciences Inc. and third-party entities.
- Law enforcement: We may be obligated by law – under certain circumstances – to share personal information, including in response to an ongoing investigation or court action.
- Other legal requirements: We may also share your personal information if we believe in good faith that such sharing may be necessary to help us comply with a legal obligation, prevent or investigate a violation of our services, protect and defend our rights and property or those of others, and protect us against any legal liability.
- What are cookies? Our Website may contain cookies, which are used to track information and perform certain functions. Cookies are tiny bits of information that are downloaded on a visitor’s web browser by the website owner and associated third parties. Cookies are harmless to your device, they merely collect certain information about your device and preference.
- Who sets the cookies? We directly set cookies on our Website and our content; however, some of our third-party service providers – for example, GoDaddy, Google, and Hubspot – set their own cookies to perform their services. Cookies from us are called “first-party cookies,” while those set by third parties are referred to as “third-party cookies.”
- How long do cookies exist? Cookies can either be “session” or “persistent.” A session cookie is a type of cookie that exists for a browsing session – meaning that it expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie, on the other hand, has a set expiry date. It does not expire when you close your browser, and it may exist for days, months, or years – depending on its default expiry date. However, a persistent cookie may also expire before its set date if the user manually deletes it from their browser.
- What types of cookies do we set? The types of cookies we set include performance, analytics, functional, necessary, and advertisement cookies. Both performance and analytics cookies allow us to measure how the Website performs and gather anonymous information on how visitors use the Website. Essential and necessary cookies are essentially needed for the operation of our Website. Advertisement cookies allow us to gather user behaviours to enable us to target our ads effectively.
- Web beacons (pixels, tags, clear gifs, etc.). We also use web beacons (also tags, pixels, and gifs), which are tiny codes embedded in our widgets and content, including social media widgets and marketing emails. Web beacons allow us to track the number of people who opened our content or click a certain widget.
Our use of third-party APIs
We use third-party APIs, such as Google Analytics and Hubspot Analytics, to gather the information we collect automatically when visitors and users access our Website. The information we gather using these APIs may include usage and analytics information, such as but not limited to page views, IP addresses, and geolocation. Most of this information is anonymous except where the user is already identified in our database.
How we market with your information
We engage in marketing activities to enable us to continue our services and improve your user experience. Our marketing practices include:
We engage in email marketing, where we send messages about our products, offers, and promotions we think match your preference and behaviour. When you submit your email address on our Website, you consent to receive marketing emails from us. However, you have the right to unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time. You can opt out by using the “unsubscribe” button or link at the bottom of any email we send to your email address.
We work with third-party advertisers and ad agencies (Google, LinkedIn, etc.) who help us to advertise our services on their platforms. We share analytics and usage information collected about our Website visitors with these third parties, and they combine it with those they collected on other websites and use it to launch adverts that target you on their platforms. You can opt out of interest-based advertising by clicking here.
Also, some of these third-party advertisers and ad agencies are members of self-regulatory programs for online advertising, including the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can click on NAI and DAA to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt out. Please, be aware that when you opt out of interest-based advertising, it only prevents ads from targeting you, it does not prevent generic ads.
How we safeguard your information
We care about your privacy – we do not collect more than the information we need to provide you with your request and our services. We use commercially reasonable safeguards with respect to information security. The personal information we collect when you contact us through our Website is stored on cloud servers with 2 Factor Authentication, which prevents an unauthorized third party from accessing your personal information.
However, be aware that no safeguards employed concerning information security have been proven to be 100% accurate or secure and that no method of transmission over the internet is completely safe. While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that it is 100% safe.
How long we retain your information with us
We will only retain your personal information for the duration of your interaction with us. If you exercise your right to delete your personal information (as described below), we will comply and delete it from our database. However, if we are obligated by the applicable law to retain personal information for record-keeping purposes or need it to resolve disputes, we may retain copies of your personal information with us.
For usage and analytics gathered through third-party APIs, we will retain them in accordance with the retention period of the third parties who own and control the APIs. This type of information usually takes a shorter retention period – unless it is needed for security or to improve the functionality of a service.
Accessing and deleting your personal information
As some of the rights you have over your personal information, you may request to access the personal information we have about you, including instructing us to correct any inaccurate data. You may as well request that we delete your personal information from our database. You can access, correct, and request deletion by getting in touch with us at [email protected].
The international transfer of personal information
Links to other websites and services