Viral RNA Extraction
The magnetiQ Viral RNA Extraction Kit alleviates the need for centrifugation steps and separate collection tubes – in contrast to standard column-based kits. The magnetiQ Viral RNA Extraction capture efficiency is >99% of viral RNA. The purified sample can be concentrated in volumes as low as 25 μL, compared to column-based kits which often necessitate larger elution volumes. The magnetiQ Viral RNA Extraction Kit performance demonstrates high purification efficacy at various fragment sizes. Sample processing is completed in less than 15 minutes, yielding high purity and efficient recovery of viral RNA.
Viral RNA Extraction Galenvs vs Norgen vs Zymo
See Full Comparison – Galenvs/Norgen/Zymo Viral RNA Extraction Kits
- Diagnostics (IVDD) of COVID-19 in clinical laboratories for the isolation and recovery of SARS-CoV-2 RNA from patient samples
- Quantification via Reverse Transcriptase qPCR (RT-qPCR).
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Genomic DNA library preparation
- Copy number variation (CNV) studies
- Amenable to high-throughput methods, including automation
- Faster and simpler magnetic collection and resuspension steps
- Reduces concern for clogging.
- Eliminates need for proteinase K treatment of swab samples
- Eliminates centrifugation steps associated with spin-column based viral extraction kits
Viral RNA Extraction
The magnetiQ Viral RNA Extraction Kit contains optimized buffers for viral RNA capture and purification developed with Galenvs’ functionalised magnetic beads and optimized with machine-learning approaches for protocol development and reagent formulation.
|Sample Type||Swab, Saliva, Various transport media such as Universal Viral Transport medium (VTM), Inactive Transport Medium (ITM), and swab preservative fluid, cell-free body fluids, , culture supernatants, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid|
|Formats||Manual: 100, 200, 250 preps|
Prefilled plates: 16, 96 preps
|Elution Volume||25 µL or above|
|Processing Mode||Automated; Manual. Compatible with 96-well plates.|
|Throughput||1-250 samples per run|
|Binding Technology||Magnetic beads|
|Components||(i) Viral Lysis/Binding Buffer|
(ii) Wash Buffer #1
(iii) Wash Buffer #2
(iv) Elution Buffer