About Galenvs Sciences Inc.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is a biotechnology start-up based in Montreal, Quebec. Galenvs offers turn-key platforms and solutions for researchers and clinicians in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs. Galenvs specializes in magnetic-based nucleic acid isolation formulations informed by machine learning technology. Galenvs’ innovative solutions are used across North America, South America, and Asia.
As a Scientist – Oligonucleotide Synthesis, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop robust processes for the synthesis of oligonucleotides and to gain hands-on experience and exposure to the design and development of manufacturing processes for clinical and commercial assays. We are looking for someone who is passionate for exploring novel scientific ideas and play a key role in developing new cutting-edge technologies with a vision to push state-of-art science in oligonucleotide synthesis as tools to researchers and clinicians.
- Oligonucleotide synthesis process development, characterization, and scale-up to support development and production of modified primers and probes
- Advanced oligonucleotide chemistries for diagnostic and biosensing applications including but not limited to locked nucleic acids (LNAs), minor groove binding (MGB) probes, as well as molecular beacons
- Aptamer, as well as DNazyme and Ribozyme, synthesis for next generation biosensing elements from oligonucleotide libraries
- Using solid substrates such as magnetic nanoparticles (MNPs) and other nanomaterials for oligonucleotide modification for applications such as barcoded libraries on beads
- Perform oligonucleotide synthesis from nanogram to microgram scale
- Explore novel ideas to improve the oligonucleotide synthesis process for superior consistency or productivity.
- Develop and execute clear synthetic strategies towards chemically modified oligonucleotide sequences using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- HPLC purification and LC/MS analysis of synthesized oligonucleotides
- Routine maintenance of DNA/RNA synthesizer, LC/MS and LC systems
- Design, perform and record experiment procedures and data, interpret data, write development reports, and lead pilot scale activities.
- Contribute to tech transfer activities, provide on-the-manufacturing floor support, and act as a subject matter expert on synthesis to facilitate interactions within the broader organization.
- Regularly present work to internal project teams and R&D Leadership
- Comply with laboratory safety procedures and maintain compliant laboratory records of experiments
- Ph.D. Chemistry, or equivalent relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biotech settings, specializing in nucleoside chemistry or oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Areas of specialization reside in the fields of synthetic organic chemistry with excellent synthetic skills and a deep understanding of reactivity and reaction mechanisms.
- Must have the abilities to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment and effectively communicate in written and oral forms.
- The individual must be self-driven, an independent thinker, vigorous and thorough in conducting experiments, collecting, and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, and making recommendations.
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage (Group Insurance Plan) after probation period of 3 months
- 3 additional personal days
- Corporate events
- On-site parking
- Snacks & Coffee
- Flexible working hours that promote a work/ life balance
- Friday Lunches