Galenvs Sciences is seeking an experienced and independently motivated technician to join its expanding Manufacturing team in Montreal, Quebec.
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
- Performing laboratory tasks, including experimental runs and data collection/analysis
- Maintaining work areas and spaces
- Prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use
- Equipment setup, maintenance and operation
- Aseptic practice, GLP (Good Lab Practice), and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) adherence
- Aide in planning and implementing daily and weekly laboratory assignments as well as special projects and other tasks
- Performs inventory control and cycle counts. Resolves and reports issues with product accountability and SAP system discrepancies
- Executes real-time batch record review and is responsible for alarm monitoring and reconciliation
- Reviews and completes documentation to support production activities, including batch record events and management of forms and labels on the shop floor
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 4 years experience working in the pharmaceutical industry. OR
- Bachelor in chemistry, biology, engineering or related sciences with 1 year experience working in the biotech, chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- Candidates are willing and able to lift 30 lbs.
- Familiar with basic chemical Do you have laboratory exprocesses and production
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Word, Outlook, and Excel (Mandatory).
- Knowledge of GMP and inventory control concepts is strongly preferred.
- Material Characterization background (FTIR, TGA, spectroscopy techniques)