Location: Montreal, Quebec (On-site)
Hours: 8-4 on site
About Galenvs Sciences Inc.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is a biotechnology startup based in Montreal, Quebec. Galenvs offers turn-key platforms and solutions for researchers and clinicians in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs. Galenvs specializes in magnetic-based nucleic acid isolation formulations informed by machine learning technology. Galenvs’ innovative solutions are used across North America, South America, and Asia.
Galenvs is seeking an energetic, meticulous, and adaptable individual to join our team. The successful candidate will manage all premise, shipping and storage activities to ensure the company’s ability to adapt to fluctuating demands and volumes on a daily basis. Some of the daily responsibilities will include Material Planning, Inventory Management, Premise & Capacity Management, Shipping & Receiving and Delivery Performance. The selected individual must be ready to take the initiative to complete various tasks simultaneously and possess the skills to develop operations in line with business growth.
Office and Warehouse
- Verify and organize all orders and other shipments prior to outbound shipment;
- Liaise with logistics vendors and shipment carriers;
- Prepare all supporting documents (shipping labels, customs declarations, product tags etc.);
- Work closely with Production & Sales to maintain and verify product inventory;
- Plan and monitor logistics, storage, and premise upkeep and planning;
- Develop and maintain a digital and physical filing system for office and warehouse materials and supplies;
- Execute in house shipping and receiving activities (importing and distributing, clearing loading docks, palletization, operating pallet jacks);
- Coordinate with laboratory management to anticipate incoming shipments and their proper storage and distribution;
- Plan and arrange for office and laboratory furnishing needs;
- Organize and improve the maintenance of all premises;
- Oversee facilities and coordinate with building management and contractors for any necessary repairs;
- Maintain the facilities’ appearance and arrange for necessary cleaning & repairs;
- Participate and enforce Health and Safety, and Quality Management System.
- Carrying out any other tasks related to the position.
- 5+ years experience in an operations, logistics or related role
- Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma preferred in the following:
- Supply chain management
- Business administration
- Industrial/ or manufacturing engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred