About Galenvs Sciences Inc.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is a biotechnology startup based in Montreal, Quebec. Galenvs offers turn-key platforms and solutions for researchers and clinicians in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs. Galenvs specializes in magnetic-based nucleic acid isolation formulations informed by machine learning technology. Galenvs’ innovative solutions are used across North America, South America, and Asia.
As a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) at Galenvs, you will be responsible for laboratory testing for diagnostic and clinical research purposes. You will join a fast-paced work environment that encourages teamwork, quality, and the opportunity to expand your knowledge.
- Organizing and sanitizing the lab in preparation for testing
- Conduct analyses of blood, urine and other biological samples (Running COVID samples)
- Log patient samples and prepare them for testing
- Set up, operate and maintain laboratory equipment (i.e. Automated analyzers, microscopes, and other laboratory diagnostic tools)
- Conduct quality control assessment of testing techniques
- Preparing for and running lab tests and reading and releasing results according to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Other tasks as needed
- Registered with the Ordre professionnel des technologistes médicaux du Québec (OPTMQ)
- Dec in Medical Laboratory Technology or Biomedical Laboratory Technician
- Experience as Medical Laboratory technician with medical/ healthcare background
- Certification by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) (asset but not required)
- Experience working in a diagnostic laboratory. Experience setting up, running, reading lab tests, and operating laboratory equipment.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and evening shifts and rotate through an on-call schedule.