About Galenvs Sciences Inc.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is a biotechnology Startup based in Montreal, Quebec. Galenvs offers turn-key platforms and solutions for researchers and clinicians in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs. Galenvs specializes in magnetic-based nucleic acid isolation formulations informed by machine learning technology. Galenvs’ innovative solutions are used across North America, South America, and Asia.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is looking for a detail-oriented Laboratory Technician to conduct lab services for research and clinical diagnostics, primarily Next Generation Sequencing. The successful candidate will deliver high quality data to internal and external researchers and perform duties in a reliable and reproducible manner. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for processing multiple sample types for the complete NGS workflow, including RNA and DNA extraction, library preparation, and sequencing.
Additional responsibilities include working with a core team of technicians in the operation and maintenance of equipment and maintain and updating SOP’s. The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be adaptable, and have the ability to multi-task.
- PCR (including RT-PCR, ddPCR, and fluorescent PCR)
- Sequencing, MLPA, RAD, Microarray, and NGS analysis
- Gel electrophoresis
- Operates and maintains common laboratory equipment/instruments
- Library preparation
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Generate clear and concise technical reports
- Execute experimental strategy
- Develop and update SOPs, as needed
- Follow established company SOP and ISO 13458 Guidelines
- BS or MS degree in a life science area
- 5+ years previous molecular biology laboratory or equivalent experience
- Experience or knowledge of workflows with DNA & RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, and NGS and Microarray techniques
- Ability to write and validate assay protocols and ability to advise users on assay development