Location: Montreal, QC (On-site)
About Galenvs Sciences Inc.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is a biotechnology startup based in Montreal, Quebec. Galenvs offers turn-key platforms and solutions for researchers and clinicians in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs. Galenvs specializes in magnetic-based nucleic acid isolation formulations informed by machine learning technology. Galenvs’ innovative solutions are used across North America, South America, and Asia.
Galenvs is seeking an energetic, organized and highly efficient individual to join our team. The successful candidate will be the motor that keeps the offices and our teams running smoothly so that all teams can stay focused on driving the company goals forward. In order for you to succeed in our startup environment, you have to leave your ego at the door. A jack of all trades, your day may start with tightening a loose screw of a chair, and end with showing off a complex pivot table.
- Executive Assistant Tasks:
- Answer and redirect phone calls;
- Organize and schedule appointments for the executive team;
- Plan and attend executive meetings, documenting detailed minutes and appropriate next steps;
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled executive meetings & reports;
- Develop and maintain a digital and physical filing system;
- Maintain key contact lists;
- Book travel arrangements;
- Submit and reconcile expense reports for the executive team;
- Support the onboarding process for new hires;
- Run company-related external errands for the executive team as needed
- Office Coordinator Tasks:
- Oversee office facilities and coordinate with building management for any necessary
- Maintain office, kitchen, and cleaning supplies;
- Plan office events, stock kitchen and order meals as requested;
- Maintain office policies and procedures;
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers;
- Maintain the office appearance and arrange for necessary cleaning & repairs;
- Address employee’s queries regarding office/premise policies and issues.
- Organize outgoing shipments
- Receive incoming deliveries
- Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken);
- Valid Driver’s license;
- A college degree in secretarial studies or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in an administrative role;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to multitask, paired with strong organizational and planning skills;
- Master Office Suite or Google Suite.
- Start-up and/or biotech experience is strongly preferred
- Capable of navigating in scaleup stage, with frequently changing priorities;
- Handy with tools