Full-Time (Monday to Friday, 40 Hours per week), Permanent
About Galenvs Sciences Inc.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is a biotechnology Startup based in Montreal, Quebec. Galenvs offers turn-key platforms and solutions for researchers and clinicians in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs. Galenvs specializes in magnetic-based nucleic acid isolation formulations informed by machine learning technology. Galenvs’ innovative solutions are used across North America, South America, and Asia.
Under supervision of the Director of Finance and Accounting, the successful candidate will perform a variety of accounting tasks, including all processes of the accounts payable cycle. The ideal candidate will support the accounting department by ensuring timeliness and accuracy of the financial data. We are looking for an organized individual to participate in the growth and development of the accounting department.
- Accounts payable cycle (Issuing POs, sorting and matching supplier invoices and packing slips, entering bills into accounting system)
- Data entry and admin support
- Digital filing of accounts payable documentation
- Accounts payable reports
- Submit due bills for payment
- Review outstanding Purchase Orders
- Accounts payable and supplier statements reconciliation
- Working closely with the purchasing clerk for all AP issues
- Stale Purchase Orders reconciliation and follow up
- Allocation of costs by department and project
- Perform all other related tasks
- 2-4 years of Accounts Payable experience
- DEC in Accounting or equivalent
- Experience with Quickbooks (Required)
- Knowledge of GST & QST Reporting
- Knowledge of bank and credit card reconciliation
- Detail oriented and high level of accuracy
- Bilingualism in French and in English, spoken and written
- Experience with Foreign Currency
- Knowledge of Full Accounting Cycle
- Payroll experience
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage (Group Insurance Plan) after probation period of 3 months
- 3 additional personal days
- Corporate events
- On-site parking
- Snacks & Coffee
- Flexible working hours that promote a work/ life balance
- Friday Lunches
Note: The use of the masculine gender is intended to lighten the text and make it easier to read.