About Galenvs Sciences Inc.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is a biotechnology startup based in Montreal, Quebec. Galenvs offers turn-key platforms and solutions for researchers and clinicians in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs. Galenvs specializes in magnetic-based nucleic acid isolation formulations informed by machine learning technology. Galenvs’ innovative solutions are used across North America, South America, and Asia.
Galenvs is seeking an energetic, intelligent and passionate individual to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee and perform all magnetic-nanoparticle synthesis and nucleic acid extraction Product manufacturing processes and act as on-the-floor lead during day-to-day Product operations.
- Lead day-to-day operations in production labs:
- Perform full-cycle Production involving manufacturing, bottling, and packaging;
- Develop training plans for lab operators as well as execute personnel training;
- Perform in-process quality assurance testing using analytical instruments;
- Perform environmental monitoring in cleanrooms and wet labs, as needed;
- Participate in the transfer of processes from Process Research & Development to Product manufacturing, including but not limited to magnetic nanoparticle synthesis, bacterial culture and plasmid isolation, molecular biology techniques including RT-qPCR, cell culture and maintenance as well transfection;
- Write, review and revise Quality documents (SOPs, forms, batch records) as needed;
- Lead and assist in laboratory certifications, maintenance, and compliance-related activities;
- Proactively identify operational risks and work with the team to develop contingency plans;
- Execute process planning/scheduling and resourcing of personnel & equipment.
- Minimum of Bachelors’ in biology, biochemistry or other relevant life science;
- 3 plus years experience in a regulated lab environments.
- Experience with equipment and process validation.