The successful candidate will play a key role in laboratory functions such as DNA extraction, RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, and Next Generation Sequencing. This individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency, should be motivated and professional with a strong work ethic and have the ability to learn and retain new skills.
• Generate clear and concise technical reports
• Execute experimental strategy developed by manager
• Interact with senior laboratory personnel to review progress and present results
• Maintain laboratory, cleaning, maintenance and safety per SOPs
• Revise and update SOPs, as needed
• Follow established company SOP and ISO 13458 Guidelines.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in a life sciences area
• 2+ years previous molecular biology laboratory or equivalent experience
• Experience or knowledge of workflows with DNA & RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, and NGS
• Ability to lift 30 lbs.
• Solid communication, organizational, and time-management skills
• Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a large amount of technical data and documentation
• Proficiency with standard computer software (Microsoft Office)
• Strong attention to detail.