About Galenvs Sciences Inc.
Galenvs Sciences Inc. is a biotechnology startup based in Montreal, Quebec. Galenvs offers turn-key platforms and solutions for researchers and clinicians in academic, government, biotech, and pharmaceutical labs. Galenvs specializes in magnetic-based nucleic acid isolation formulations informed by machine learning technology. Galenvs’ innovative solutions are used across North America, South America, and Asia.
Galenvs Sciences is seeking experienced and independently motivated technicians to join its expanding Manufacturing team in Montreal, Quebec.
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
- Performing laboratory tasks, including experimental runs and data collection/analysis
- Maintaining work areas and spaces
- Prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use
- Equipment setup, maintenance and operation
- Aseptic practice and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) adherence
- Aide in planning and implementing daily and weekly laboratory assignments as well as special projects and other tasks
- Performs inventory control and cycle counts. Resolves and reports issues with product accountability and SAP system discrepancies
- Executes real-time batch record review and is responsible for alarm monitoring and reconciliation
- Reviews and completes documentation to support production activities, including batch record events and management of forms and labels on the shop floor
- Magnetic nanoparticle manipulation including: bioassay development, production, purification, and characterization, and surface functionalization.
- Aseptic procedures including media preparation, and cell/bacteria culture
- Fill machines, capping machines, freeze dryers, autoclave, dry heat oven, in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 4 years experience working in the pharmaceutical industry and/or within aseptic clean room environments. OR
- Bachelor or Masters degree in chemistry, biology, or related sciences with 1 year experience working in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry and/or within aseptic clean room environments.
- Candidates may be required to work in an aseptic gowning environment to perform job duties.
- Candidates are willing and able to lift 40 lbs.
- Available for night and weekend shifts.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Knowledge of GMP and inventory control concepts is strongly preferred.